Thursday, July 05, 2007

Now that the one guy left for the position at a different park, the office people were talking about coming to me now for everything they used to go to him for. I jokingly said "Don't come to me!" they laughed and one said "No seriously we will come to you when we need something done."
I said "No problem. I can handle it."
Which they have come to me in the past but now I'll get even more because the other guy left.
But it's easy stuff.I've been digging more often lately. Ever since the main backhoe operator cut his finger on accident while hedging shrubs. Which ruined the end of the year party if no one gets injured. He got 6 stitches and his name on the wall for Injuries.
That day I did all the backhoe operations. I think it was kind of a test the boss did to see how I would do under pressure.Now more than ever Kenny (the main backhoe operator) told me the other day that he was going to tell the boss that when he is not there, that only I'am allowed to operate the backhoe. On tuesday I dug a hole in less than 25 minutes. That's half the amount of time for other people who have worked there for years.
I was glad to hear him say that because I thought I was doing good, but when he said that I knew I was doing good.Some good news on one of the seasonal guys is that he may become full time. He is a good worker.
I hope he gets the position.
Things have been going good for me at the job.

(Thanks for all the comments whenn and pack rat paradise. Appreciate it.)

2 Comments:

Blogger Pack Rat Paradise said...

You're quite welcome :) I also linked to your page suggesting people visit.
My blog is not really started yet, but I have specific plans for it. It's slow because "Life is what happens while you are busy making other plans"-John Lennon

10:27 AM  
Blogger meh said...

Dude, I am SOOOO proud of you!
It's great that they trust you with all that responsibility!! :)
Well done! *whenn gives pauly a pat on the back*

2:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Name:

Powered by Blogger

Free Hit Counters
Free Hit Counter