Wednesday, March 14, 2007

A co-worker noticed the dump truck back passenger tire was low. Well, it turned out to be a flat and we needed a whole new tire. But while I was putting it back on for some reason a crowd of workers, my boss and a previous manager(visiting)decided to watch me put the tire back on. They just happened to be standing there looking at it when I came out after lunch.
For a second I got nervous with everyone watching. I wasn't going to tell them to leave and not to watch me. But then I thought as I was doing it, what is there to be nervous about? I've changed a tire or two in my lifetime.
Then there it was? I had total confidence and if anyone uttered a word jokingly about how I was doing it wrong I was going to joke and ask them "Do you want to do it?"
But they just wanted to watch for some reason.
When I was done, everyone seemed satisfied with it, and continued to do whatever it was that they were doing.
For some reason I felt like I was being tested, though I know that was not the case.
Like I said I guess they just wanted to watch.
I did fix the flex pipe to the exhaust, now that I'm driving the dump truck more often.
No one watched me do that though.
That's a good thing because I do not entirely like being watched.

3 Comments:

Blogger meh said...

OMG, this is a funny story!
I kept imagining the scene as little (fat) cartoon characters huddling together and staring with beady eyes at this tyre changing process. After completion they look at each other and go "hmmm" and off they waggle to the next point of interest.(I know it's probably only funny in my mind)

Anyway, yeah, I totally agree with you, it's SO hectic doing something if people are watching you! I would have been trembling through the whole process! But good job on staying calm and collected!

Thanx again, this was a great post!

12:55 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

believe it or not, I too, like hearing about your job.

3:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

GOD I HATE WHEN PEOPLE WATCH ME DO THINGS! I GET NERVOUS!! I HATE WATCHING PEOPLE DO STUFF THOUGH TOO.. SOMETIMES YOU HAVE TO BECAUSET THERES NOTHING ELSE TO DO.. AT MY JOB SOMETIMES I HAVE TO GO TO THE BANK AND THE TELLER HAS TO COUNT ALL THE DEPOSITS WHILE YOU WAIT! SO IM THERE PRETENDING TO READ THE BROCHURES THEY HAVE... HA LIKE IM GOING TO APPLY FOR A BUSINESS LOAN!!

8:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Name:

Powered by Blogger

Free Hit Counters
Free Hit Counter