Friday, October 06, 2006


I noticed the other day there were fresh flowers and birthday balloons at a particular grave. Which happens all the time but when I took a closer look, the tombstone was sunken in on a angle so bad I couldn't even make out the name or date. So I got out a shovel and raised it to where it was level and able to be seen again. I know they will appreciate it when they come back to see their loved one.


Today we removed about 6-8 dead trees threatening to fall into the major road. There's a few more to be taken care of but, not the usual work that needs to be done at a cemetery.
The city requires it.
If you look closely across the street, there is another tree that needs to be cut down. Also threatening to fall into the street.
Their not hassling them though.
Not to get the homeowner in trouble.
But it makes me think?

2 Comments:

Blogger Triptrain said...

That's nice of you. We live near a small, very old cemetary out in the middle of nowhere. I don't think anyone takes care of it. They don't bury people there anymore. Sometimes I walk through and read the names.

6:13 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I did go out of my way to do it but thats part of my job. Even though I'm supposed to recieve a work order to do such things. I figure the more I do, the less work orders we'll get.
Thanks for the comment your sweet.

3:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Name:

Powered by Blogger

Free Hit Counters
Free Hit Counter