Sunday, March 16, 2008

This is my 100th post to this site.
It's been a long road to be where I'm at.
I'm now the Steward for our particular graveyard, called "Mount Hope Memorial Gardens."
I've been the Steward for over a month or two, which consists of negotiations on how much they pay. It also touches on grievances that a certain employee may come up with, that employee can go to me for any complaint within 2 days of the incident. Instead of always going to the boss, which sometimes may feel more awkward. They can come to their Steward. Even being new to it I have to negotiate with people higher up. Medical,Dental as well. Right now we are really short on workers. It's tough working at a job that barely provides the proper tools and equipment to do the job. But as soon as the backhoe broke down we got a replacement within a couple hours. Good job on getting what we needed there. That day was last Friday March 14. We worked a half hour later than usual. The last hour and a half, was one of the longest parts of the day in a long time. The feeling for me was that day, is my last and it was never going to end...
Certain days are like that though, right?
Anyways, I feel pretty stressed out so far the way this job is going.
I start my vacation yesterday but still I'm unsure if they need me at my job?
I've been holding out this vacation for about 6 months now and I feel I need this!

I'm second guessing myself on if it's even legal for me to take a vacation, short maned and all? I should know this being the Steward?
I feel bad for them working without my help. I thought about calling and knowing for sure if they need my help.
I've really put up with a lot as far as this job goes. But they have me right where they want me? I can't quit knowing it's so hard to find a job in Michigan which is, or was, number 1 in the United States hardest to find a job!On top of that, two city's that I heard were also the worst in the United States were two that are in Michigan.
Which I would think most people would see these things and not want to move here?
I don't blame them. Businesses included.
So I see it as David Shipper is taking a chance as well by buying us after the reputation we've had as a company?
It goes too deep? I could go on for a long time but I have decided I'm done for now.
If you've read this far, seroiusly thanks for reading!!!

3 Comments:

Blogger meh said...

:)
Congratz on the promotion.
And YAY for 100 posts!!!
You're stressing too much again. I'm sure all will work out great. Then again, what do I know?

11:57 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Hey Whenn,
You were right, I was just stressing out. I think too much.
Thanx, you seem to know what's important.

7:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

it must be the profession! I have pretty much grown up in a cemetery. I could have said the same comments that you did, almost all gravediggers have the same plight.Now that I am superintendent at a large combo on the west coast I have tried to fix most of the common problems we face. The one thing that will never change is the exception to the rule. good luck !!!

9:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Name:

Powered by Blogger

Free Hit Counters
Free Hit Counter