Sunday, April 22, 2007

I got a call from a co-worker at about 2:30 Saturday afternoon. I had the day off so I didn't know yet that from this Saturday on until Memorial day, we are to work every Saturday 7:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
There goes my Friday nights!
My checks will be a bit better, but my sleep will not? Not looking to good.
Oh well. What am I going to do?

Take a look at this!
Someone, the Chinese I would think are burning $100 dollar bills?
I wish I had money to burn! Although of course, I wouldn't be burning them? I would be spending them!
Not to smart...It's definitely a real $100 dollar bill. What are they thinking?
Like I've said before, people have their own ways and rituals of leaving thing's behind for the dead. Burning money is the last thing I would do. I would hope the person that is dead would rather have me go out and spend it in remembrance of them. Rather than burn it.

My brother had a good point. Maybe they owed them that hundred?

4 Comments:

Blogger 1Green Thumb said...

I am pretty sure it is illegal to burn money... o well I guess there is an exception to every rule!

4:49 PM  
Blogger meh said...

Wow, that is so interesting. I'm gonnna read up on why they might do such a horrific thing!:)
Goodluck with Saturdays!

1:57 PM  
Blogger Le Butterfly said...

I always I had that much money.

I remember an experience while I was an Au Pair in New Jersy (USA), a guy wrote his number on money and then tore it up asking me to write my number on the other bill.

All my friends and I could talk about was - why didn't he just give his number on the whole bill!

12:05 AM  
Blogger Pack Rat Paradise said...

The burning of money at Chinese funerals and pre & post burial practices is consistant of elements of Buddhist, Taoist, and Chinese superstition and folklore. Among other traditional practices,during the funeral, incense burns, and close family members will sometimes burn paper money and other papers to symbolize material possessions. The burning of paper money and material possessions ensures that the deceased is taken care of in the next world.

12:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Name:

Powered by Blogger

Free Hit Counters
Free Hit Counter